Monday, June 9, 2008

WHALE SIGHTING (and 2 tadpoles)

Today was HOT, 94 degrees HOT. The girls and I made good use of the day though. We started out with a long walk with some friends. Left the house at 9:10, met them at 9:15 at Starbucks for a Shaken Iced Tea (YUMMMMMMMMMY). We walked another hour to a local park where we let the kids play a bit. Then we worked our way home to our respective homes. I got home at 11:00. It was already pretty warm so I got B down to her dipe and E into a swim suit. They played in the kiddie pool for a 1/2 hour. B is not so sure about the 3 inch deep water so she followed me while I got rid of weeds and checked on the garden. We played outside for a bit more and then lunch and naps. The snoozing occurred for almost 3 hours (YAY me!). After naps and snacks, out we went for some more water fun. This time, I joined them. (Hence the whale.....). Good thing I have been working on my weight! I was able to put on a bathing suit that I wore before E (it wasn't a public thing...and that's a good thing). This evening I was trying to hold out on the AC. I hate the start of the hot season, in that it means I succumb to energy wasting and money sucking comfort. I always try to push it out as far as possible because once we start, it is the way it is for at least 3 more months.

Ah, such is life....at least I have an excuse to be IN the kiddie pool....before kids, it was a thing of shame.

1 comment:

mamafish said...

Thanks Andi-I certaintly felt whale LIKE as I splashed water out of the water...and only had my rump in-my knees and all else remained out of the pool. (and STILL I forced the water out....). You are sweet and I am dedicating a post to you and you alone pretty soon....(do I make you wonder?)