Monday, June 30, 2008

More Heavy Duty News

This weekend we have been adjusting to some pretty rough news. J's older brother is losing his eyesight. He is 36, will be graduating from Kansas State next spring, is a Navy-turned Air Force reserve. (Was in the Navy for many years, even was part of the Gulf War stuff during his West Pac). He has Pigmentary Distrophy. His night vision is shot and so is his small detail (ie golf balls and baseballs). We don't know how long it will be for it to go completely and we are obviously hoping for the longer window.

Makes us realize just how important it is to enjoy our lives for the moment-not to live wastefully in the moment, just to thoroughly appreciate every little thing-be it good or bad.

1 comment:

EB said...

I'm really sorry to hear this. Really makes me remember to count my blessings. I will keep J's brother in my thoughts...