Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Tuesdays

Tuesdays in our home means Mommy and Me (an HUGE weekly outing since Elly was 4 months old. Bri started at 2 weeks....). It has been for me an outlet for social stuff and new mommy stuff as well as socializing the kids. For some other people, Tuesdays have a deeper meaning.

For a lady name Trisha, it means chemo. I just learned about a month ago that Trisha has breast cancer.

I have known Trish since I was in 2nd grade. We went to elementary school, middle school and high school together. We also were on several soccer teams-many with her mom coaching. At some point, her mom watched my brother and me after school. We lost touch over the years.
Because we share common friends, I received an email regarding Trish. A group has formed on Trish's behalf to participate in the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer.

Trisha's story has really touched me because she is the first person I've known to battle this grueling disease. I often think of her as I parent my own two girls. I wonder how she can stay "normal" for her small son?! I am amazed at the strength she and her family and friends show. I short circuit on my girls in frustration over small trivial things. I am pulling for her to beat this monster down and to move forward in life to enjoy all that she has ahead of her.

Please take a minute to visit her blog, and her team's page on the Avon site. If you are able to, please donate to her team's efforts to raise money for Breast Cancer research.

1 comment:

drea :: dre of white stables said...

That's so sad. Keep us updated on her progress. I'll be praying for her.