Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Hernias-Snot Noses-Teeth What's the link?

HERNIA
I went to the doctor today...I have been having this pain in my stomach and recently a wierd pain in my groin (same side) that stops me from walking sometimes. I finally went to the doctor (my mommy made me...), I was told that most likely it is a hiatal hernia. The probable hernia could be putting stress on my nerves and joints hence the groin issues. My next step is to wait. I am waiting for a call from the clinic that runs the tests (Upper GI series). Then in the words of my doctor "we go from there".



SNOT NOSES
B is just starting another head cold...Isn't the cycle of ilnesses and germs and sucky sleep nights and nasty noses supposed to be over when the summer temperatures reach 100 degrees? My inlaws -a whole 'nother blog topic-were telling me that it is because we put her in the pool water on a hot day and that made her get sick. Uhmmmm, yeah, I will stick with modern medicine on this one. I am betting that she picked up something at Gymnastics. We hadn't been in a month and upon starting back again we joined a new group. There were at least 10 other kids with a new set of germs each that we hadn't ever encountered before. So...we endeavor through yet another icky sickness. Let's hope it contains itself to the one little kiddo. I am not sure thought that is to be the case. E has had a few sneezes here and there, not yet yucky but happening nonetheless.

TEETH
Seems like we may be seeing 4 new teeth on the little one's gum line pretty soon. After 3 horrible nights (cold plus teeth equal bad combination), there are 3 of the 4 poking through. Perhaps we can have a break before the next round will be torturing us (because it is a family issue of course, lol). I am thinking negatively, and I am willing to bet that there are other teeth ready enough to pop out (there should be as we have only the bottom 2 plus these new 4 at 14 months). why do my kids have so many problems teething?


The In-laws.... Are here... (nuff said for now...)

1 comment:

drea :: dre of white stables said...

Wow, you guys have a lot going on! I hope everyone's well soon. Keep us updated on your possible hernia...