Wednesday, April 2, 2008

This is Why I have been such good friends with Dreyers, Breyers, Ben and Jerry




So my child, just now only 3 and a week old has now been in 3 situations where she was locked away from me. Not intentionally.....and none the same. The 1st, when I was grossly pregnant with B, on a foggy winter day while in my pajamas. I locked myself out of the house and had to have the neighbor help me break in. The 2nd, just a month or so ago, I locked myself out of the truck (kids and groceries and wallet inside). Had to get some stranger to help me break into the 3rd passenger window-literally broke the window latch too...




Now, THIS time, I had NO part in it....lol. I was happily making mac-n-cheese for the kiddos, planning dinner for the adults, when it got eerily silent. E had gone off and she wasn't to be heard of towards the back end of the house. hmmmmmmm




I go exploring (meanwhile the noodles are done, the freezer is attacking me-as in crap falling out-and B is starting to melt in hunger.




I find out that my darling child has locked herself in her room. The key-not sure we ever got one when we bought the place. So I called Fishdaddy for a coaching session in taking apart a door handle. I got it apart, but couldn't figure out the catch....called the neighbors pre-teen and his friend. WELLAH! Done....she comes out with some of her hats on her head, books in her purse....like nothing ever was amiss....STINKER!




I guess it could be worse-she hasn't yet shoved anything up her nose or in her ear....no swallowed pennies... (I repeat YET).




No comments: