Wednesday, April 2, 2008

6! six! Seis! 3+3=!

So as you can see I am super excited about the number 6 today...I am proud to annouce that I was able to sleep that many hours in a row, and even more proud to say that it means my B slept that long too! Of course, good things are often tempered with the lesser evils...and that is true here too.

5am was the boobie wake up call. I was so hoping I could knock out the beast with a good healthy dosage of my wonder liquid and then snuggle back to bed (without her!) for the next 2 hours. NOT SO.... She was sleeping when I went to drop her back into the crib, but lo and behold, awake and Pissed to be out of my arms the minute her sweet face felt the sheet. Ok, so redirect her with SLEEP TRAINING tools was the next step. I was able crawl back into bed at 5:30 thinking I would get a nice 2 hr nap....NOT SO.....

At almost 6 the beast started to fuss. Then the garbage trucks came, and went. Then the heater vent started and stopped. All of that was enough to mess up my so well deserved plans. Back I went to my post cribside to soothe and shush and pat and rub.

I started to wonder about the ever present teething pains (she still is only sporting 1 bottom tooth). Tried the teething tabs. Worked for about 5 mins. Tried Tylenol. Worked for about 3 mins. See the problem is more than likely an underlying teething nusciance, but more so the Velcro Baby Syndrome.

Finally, at 6:22 I came out to the front room. I brought the beast with me and we snuggled on the couch in the dark while I played laptop. She seriously conked out and I padded soflty to her room and ever so carefully places her into her crib! VICTORY!!!???? Only for about a half hour. Up again at 7:15. Which is fine....I opened the blinds and made a big hurrah of the WAKE UP. We came back to my laptop and couch, and she fell back alseep, until E woke at 8:15.

I think I can see some movement towards the sleep, without child, in bed, for more than 4 hours reward. It will come in baby steps. Whatever, as long as it comes. If we are still battling by 1st birthday week, we will be doing a more intense push then. Fishdaddy is off again that week, and he can suffer too since work won't be comprimised by a long night......

No comments: