Sunday, April 27, 2008

A Gal named Rose. E. Ola

I was feeling so lucky with E having missed many of the baby ailments. Short of a random Ear Infection at 4 mos and the few bouts with cold and flu, our worst was what I suspect as having been rotovirus. Whew! I know....we have a long road ahead with school related ickies. BUT, so so good...


Not so for B. This has been a pretty rough week for us. For Mama and B specifically. She is teething just about all her teeth due by 1 (minus the 2 bottom ones which are already glistening). On Tuesday early in the morning, she developed a pretty high fever, which lasted to Thursday at about 3 am. Tylenol held it's own against the blazes, the fever got as high as 104.6 at one point on Wednesday. No other symptons.....I waited, and waited for the other shoe to fall so to speak. She was sooooo clingy and soooooo miserable it was horrible. A kinda damned if you do and damned if you don't miserable. I could not make her happy in any area of basic needs. She was hungry but not once I got her in her seat to eat. She was tired but wouldn't sleep in arms, on bed or in crib. Played with Sister but would collapse out of nowhere and start crying. UGH.


Yesterday we had our garage sale-Fishman and I each earned about 50 buckerooos. BIG yield! B was like velcro on me or Daddy. She played some, but it was cutting it. I gave her Tylenol, the teething tabs, and cursed the damn teeth which I ASSumed where the culprit. Later, about midday, she was eating a strawberry. Not her first. She had red dots all over her neck and face. We did a body check and lo and behold, her back, her tummy a scattering on her legs and arms. DAMN! That started my phone attack on Kaiser's advice line. Basic message" I ----NEED ----AN ----APPOINTMENT---- NOW! An hour later, I had the girl loosely dressed (did I mention the weather was abso gorgeous? High 80's?) and in th car and we headed to the clinics abuot 30 mins away to see an urgent care dr. Diagnosis? ROSEOLA.

AH-HA! We have some freakin answers. A little Benedryl, Tylenol and some teething tablets and we were on our way to a better night's sleep! Seriously, I had a 6 hour block after I fell asleep. Sounds like nothing? Try 3 hours and some broken up blocks....that's what we had been dealing with all week.

This morning looks soo much better-in rash, in behavior, in appetite. Yeee haw!

No comments: