Thursday, January 1, 2009

Not Such a Great Start...

Well our New Year was full of excitement!

NOT!

The past 2 nights we have had very little sleep. Tuesday night we were just going to bed, Bri woke up all cranky like. I tried and tried getting her back to sleep. Being that it was 1:30 am, I gave up and into our bed she came. Around 4 am, I felt her playing with my hair and noticed that she was blazing hot. We stripped the pj's off and dosed her with some motrin. We were able to get a few hours of sleep. Over the course of Wednesday, she was a grumpy needy sickly child. We continued the routine of medicine and fever reducing. Trying to keep her calm and resting was hard. Last night after attempting to celebrate with our neighbors, we managed to get her to bed around 9:30. She was asleep for about an hour in her crib, before it was obvious she was uncomfortable. Needless to say we were in bed at 11:30. I think that is the earliest and most mundane New Years Eve since I was a child. It was a horrible night. We all found sleep somewhere around 5 am. Elly was up around 7:30. Lucky for me, Daddy was up with her. Bri and I slept a few more hours. We woke up and she was just as funky. I made an appt and we saw the pediatrician. She looked in ears and throat and stopped there. A quick throat swab was done. Tomorrow we will learn if this is just a nasty cold....or Strep. And so we endure...Jose got out to the lake (I sent him for some mental and physical therapy) and will be at work tomorrow. The girls and I are laying low.

I can only hope Elly can stay healthy. She has dance class Tuesday and Wednesday will start preschool! I can only hope we protect her from Sissy's germs.

Stay tuned folks....

No comments: