Sunday, January 18, 2009

The Wonder of a Day

So I have a whole day.
All to myself.
No kids.
No husband.
A whole day.

What to do?

The irony is that there are soooo many things I could do in this day that I won't probably achieve any of them. A free hour is so precious....a day is baffling. I have no idea how to prioritize the options. I could do something for me, I could take care of things around the house, I could pick a project (loose pictures....file bills....make a movie with my digital pics....etc).

The truth is that within these choices, I feel like if I choose 1, then I am not taking advantage of the time for another thing....like a kid in a candy store.

My plan:

  1. Finish coffee
  2. Have a scrambled egg
  3. Take the dog for a run
  4. Shower (include shaving legs)
  5. Hit up Costco
  6. Yes, file last years bills
  7. Make some cookies (once I have the eggs from Costco)
  8. Laundry (washing machine is being troublesome...takes double the time due to poor draining and subsequent extra spin cycles)
  9. ?
  10. ?
  11. ?
  12. ?

Notice that most of the things on my list are not luxurious items....BUT it is a luxury to accomplish them without kid type interruptions. So in a way, I am taking full advantage of my freedom. (If I had some extra cash...I might be at the mall...but I don't...)

No comments: