Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Popcorn Update!

So I accomplished my mission. I have made a successful batch of homemade microwave popcorn.

I used a brown paper lunch bag, 1/2 cup popcorn, a tsp or so of EVOO. I mixed the kernels and oil in a small bowl. Then I poured the well coated kernels into a paper bag. I folded the top down 2 times. I placed the bag in the microwave, and pressed 2 mins. I watched the process adding 30 secs intervals 3 times. After about 1.5 mins the popping began! I pulled it out when the popping slowed. As it is I had a full bag, with some uncooked kernels and some burnt ones.

Since I didn't flavor the kernels before, it was a very plain taste. (I imagine tho a pretty healthy one.) My next attempts will be to add flavor, prior to cooking. Also I will be working hard to have the correct cooking balance of oil to kernels to cook time.
























All in all, I am not unhappy. The girls ate a bowl each. That says something, right? Especially since there was no flavoring...

3 comments:

EB said...

Nice work! I'm glad to hear about this. Although it makes me want to make popcorn...with BUTTAH!

Andrea said...

Hanna! That's awesome you figured it out! I posted this recipe on MSN like... 2 years ago! Isn't it delish?

mamafish said...

Thanks ladies! I am sop proud of myself... :-) Andrea, sorry I missed it so long ago. I would have jumped on the badwagon long ago if I had paid attention. You are so wise. (I use your banana bread recipe regularly.)