Thursday, August 28, 2008

Rah Rah Sis Boom Bah!

I am in a Girls League for Fantasy Football. Last night was our draft night. I love football, I watch as faithfully as I can when my beloved Niners are on. I have followed them since I was wee one, through the Golden Years, the Suckin' Years, and now the Rebuild Years. Because I am watching so often I get a glimpse of other players and their accomplishments. However, none stick in my mind long after the fact.

So back to my draft....

The time was 5:30. Smack dab in the middle of prepping dinner time. Smack dab in the middle of feed the babies time. Thankfully I have my laptop. I sat at the dinner table with the kiddlets and monitored their simple dinner of pasta noodles, broccoli, turkey meat, string cheese, yogurt and cherry tomatoes. And I sweated.

Nerves hit me because I didn't really understand the draft process. I had no idea how many players I was drafting. I barely knew some of the players, and damn, there's a lot of players to scroll through! My pick was 10th, of 12. That was good because I had time to figure out my next move. but THEN, it snaked back. So immediately after my pick I had to be ready with a 2nd.

Oh the pressure! Add that to a whiny 1 year old, a barking dog, and a curious 3 year old. My brain hurt!

Anyway, after about halfway, I figured out the queue system (DOH!) and began using the down time to line up choices. I figured out the amount of players by looking at my lineup. It showed my filled positions and left over ones. COOL. I came out of the draft with an ok team.

There is money to be won if my players cooperate!

No comments: