Saturday, August 16, 2008

Pinkalicious Fun!





This book rocks! It is so cute and fun....totally recommended for little girls to read and enjoy!


I decided to have a party-playdate based on the story. There are lots of ideas out in the virtual world for anyone to peruse and pick from (FYI...)


Remember (read my other post from today explaining my absence online) we had no power so I was trying to keep us unsweaty in all our pink finery. The Pretty Pink Peanuts all arrived in Pinkalicious Outfits. There were some coloring sheets to start with. Then they spread out and began playing with various toys. Once we were all accountecd for, I set the craft out. We had painted some crown picture frames pink and the girls were adding jewels to decorate.


Then it was time for munchies...the whole basis to the book is Pink Cupcakes. So of course, we had those, pink lemonade, plus some rasberry jam sandwiches shaped like hearts, home grown watermelon, and circus animal cookies. This was a 4pm event since the original date was rescheduled due to illnesses (Elly's) and now we are working around preschool and other commitments. Food was hard to plan because of this.


After the goodies, I read the story. Then we passed out goodies bags (a pink bag, a pink feather boa, a plastic beaded bracelet, pink beaded necklace and pink heart stickers. I have 44 pictures, so I thought I would make a slide show to share our fun with our readers.



1 comment:

drea :: dre of white stables said...

That is absolutely ADORABLE! I wish I was in Cali for that! =) Poor Sissy has very few "friends", but I'd love to do something like that someday!