Saturday, August 30, 2008

Of Course.....

We are embarking on Code Red Level Sleep Training on the Stubborn One. Bri is still having problems sleeping through the night, which means we ALL are having sleep problems. Up until Thursday, I was getting up with her, sitting by her crib and trying my damndest to hush and calm her back to sleep. This is all part of the theory from our Sleep Training Bible- Good Night, Sleep Tight.

However this little girl is resistant to the charms of this model. So we are stepping up our forces.

Our newest plan is to use the brutal (on all of us) Cry It Out. So we did. Friday morning I was 2 hours into my sleeptime. 2:30 am, the beast awakens. I get up and sat with her for an hour. She is teething, but had enough medicine to cover that. She was just simply awake. Wanting me to get her out of the crib, wanting me to rock her, wanting me to take her to our bed. Nuh-uh. Not gonna happen.

SO...after an hour of no results, I kissed her head and said " It's night time, you need to go to sleep. Since you won't lay down, Iam leaving the room. I love you. Go to sleep."

Harsh...and did she? Not for another hour. Instead, she cried. In fact she screeched. Her mantra of choice? Mama Mama Mommmeeeeeee. Then I heard her 1 paci hit the ground. Uh oh....Insert Pac-eeeeee to her monologue. 45 minutes in, I went in got the paci from the floor stuck it in her mouth, kissed her, and said good night. I walked out. Boy that pissed her off to now end. But it did end. Soon after she settled, and we all went back to sleep.

Our plan, to be continued last night was to be me going in, saying lay down go to sleep kissing her and walking out. Hmmm but it changed.

She slept all freaking night. Woke up at 6:30 (Daddy did kid duty this morning so I could replace some missing zzz's).

I am jaded enough to know that it CAN'T be this easy. We are armed with the same plan for tonight. Here's to hoping though.....

1 comment:

drea :: dre of white stables said...

Aw, it's tough when you have to crack down like that. I ended up having to do it with both of my girls at some point. I hope it's resolved for good!