Thursday, July 10, 2008

5 Miles!

Huffing and Puffing Red-faced and Eyeballs Rattling was how I started this morning.

I have committed myself to meeting with 2 other mamas and their respective strollers 3 times a week. We have never clocked our route, and I always mean to bring the pedometer (as of yet unused). I left the house today running (literally) late -no surprise there. I made it to our meet point in 11 mins. Let me state that we have been in a major heatwave with a California Smoke Cocktail in the air. I believe the temp was near 80 by 8:30. We headed off, nothing unusual (except I did not pack enough liquids for me or the girls...UGGH). We finished out the walk at the park for the kiddos. Did some swing time and explored the grassy area. Then we headed to our seperate homes. As I was walking home I called ahead to the hubby so he could prep some ice water for us. He told me that at 11 am, it was 92 degrees. DANG!

After arriving home, we all sucked in the nice air conditioning and icy water. I decided to map the route on an exercise website. Turns out that the 2-3 miles I THOUGHT we were doing was actually closer to 5! WOW, that upped my weekly total to 15 miles a week.

We're not talking about strolling. We push ourselves and (gasp) actually sweat. I push the two in a double stroller that weighs about 39 lbs without kids and kid gear. I figure with my 2 totalling about 30 lbs together (yes, puny lil ones they are), and the stroller and my junk--near about 75 pounds as weight resistance. I oughta be burning some calories with that!

Next walk is Monday....cross your fingers we get some lower temps. It was brutal today.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Execise website???? Do tell!

Oh, and way to go an 15 miles a week!

drea :: dre of white stables said...

Way to go! You're braver than I am in that heat! I wouldn't want to be out in that at all!