Monday, May 19, 2008

Home Sweet Home

AHHHHHHHHHHH.......................

That is the sound of me sighing while I ease into my place on our couch. It was a helluva trip. I can now announce that we were in New York with my family for my sister's Sweet 16 Birthday. It was a whirlwind trip that probably never should have happened-simply because my kids and I did poorly. I believe that once I left, my cousins and family all are sure my kids are blubbering spoiled crybabies, and I am a case for the mental ward. Let's just say that I cried more this weekend than I have in a long while. Most of my emotional breakdowns were pure frusteration and exhaustion. None of us were rested, the time change and early travel times kicked our butts. My kids were super clingy, and that clashed with a big family used to passing kids around. My kids, never have been in this situation, and were simply overwhelmed. I couldn't even pack the diaper bag or take a shower without tantrums and problems. Naps didn't happen either...not for sake of trying though. Some of my tears actually were just me being so proud of my brother and sisters for becoming wonderful young people. They have been dealt some horrible cards in life, and I am pleased to see that they are overcoming and rising above. So some of my emotional meltdowns were happy tears. And sad...it is always hard to leave my family (even as ready as I was-hoping for a private jet to magically transport me home).

I have lots more to talk about-with pictures, but I am pooped~! So I will be back on tomorrow with the next chapter of my saga.

1 comment:

drea :: dre of white stables said...

Bless your hearts! I'm sorry it was so stressful! I'm glad you got to see your family, though--I just wish it would've been smoother for you all.