Monday, May 12, 2008

Bits and Pieces

This week I am getting myself and the girls ready for an adventure. We will be flying to a SECRET location (it's only secret because it is a surprise visit and I wouldn't want the person to find out early and from the blog). My goal is to be packed by tomorrow, flying out Thursday early. I would love to have Wednesday for last minute banking and store trips, as well as a once through the house for cleaning. I never get myself ready so early, but every trip have that as a goal. We'll see--kinda depends on the computer time I waste and how the kiddos are for me. Sadly, B is in thr throes of a nasty wet cold and FINALLY, some top teeth (all six eye tooth to eye tooth on the top). Hopefully, the nasty parts are finished before I confine her 5 hours of staying on my lap in an airplane. Hopefully, E can ward off the boogies and sneezes.

Saturday we went to 2 birthday parties! The 1st, for a 4 year old girl. That was cute-Fishdaddy and Bday Daddy were the only male representatives. Good thing they are buddies. After that we headed for the next party, a 34 year old friend of ours. That was fun too. E had a blast playing with the kids. It is a funny sign of growing up when the adult bday party is more about the kids we have all produced having fun, and less about getting blasted. Oh don't get me wrong, there was plenty of that fun loving flowing too. Pretty mellow though all told.

Mother's Day was nice as well, considering that B slept HORRIBLY. Understandable since she was feeling so icky, but still hard to get through. Sunday's plans were to let me sleep in, Fishdaddy had a breakfast planned for me, and then we wanted to go for a hike at the lake. UHMMM yeah, good thing we are flexible (or that I am on my "special" day). B fell asleep at 10. There went those plans, flying in the wind that also decided to pick up and bluster all day long. We then planned on watching a movie while the girls napped. Ended up watching Cinderella with E and then Fishdaddy did a carpentry chore he had been wanting to get done. I did some reading, and yes-some laundry. Dinner was made for me: a delicious steak and some vegies. It wasn't a bad day, just a low key one, perfect for a Sunday...although nothing special in light of the holiday.

Here are a few cute pics from the party hopping day....
1)B sitting so pretty in the big girl chair
2) E being wooed by our friend's 2.5 yr old son
3.) E wooing same little boy
4.) Funtimes

No comments: