Friday, May 16, 2008

Check In...

We made it! The flying wasn't bad. Of course, I over prepared with carry-on entertainment, but with 2 small children, there must be options for all situations lol. Anyway, E was wonderful on the plane. She didn't feel entirely well-the fever was manifesting into B's messy cold. However, she was perfectly content to watch Dora and Diego and whatever else was on the tv in the seat in front of her. Jetblue is good for that. B was pretty good, although the nap I was looking for was only abot 45 mins. She was behaving as long as there was food in front of her to eat. Cheetos, cookies, fruit, bread, muffins, milk, juice were all inhaled by the 1year old monster. There was minimal fussing and squirming, and we were congratulated by the other passengers as having "done well".

The looks that people gave me though at San Francisco....whew, I got dirty eyeballs left and right. There was one lady, who at 6 am had my sleepless blood boiling. She looked right at me, no sneer but a certain level of negativy virtually poured out of her eyes. I swear not a twitch to her cheeks and lips (BOTOX maybe?). The message though as she looked at my baggage to be checked, and my 2 kids, and my carryons and my brother and his bag....scary witch. To be honest, I might have resembled a runaway train, with my airport cart holding 1 suitcase, 1 small duffle, (both mine) 1 med duffle (bro's) and 2 pretty good sized carseats. It LOOKED like a lot, bulky and cumbersome as it was. BUT who freakin cares, not her buisiness, not her family, and certainly not her checkbook funding my travels. Bitch!

Once we arrived, we were met by (secret pick up person) and it took us a while to navigate the traffic of the big city. Once we arrrived to the secret destination, it was nice. The girls began to get to know the family we are staying with and OH THE FOOD! I swear we are in one of the best food meccas ever. Dinner was pizza-and no, not Chain Pizza. Good Shizzle!

I have pictures to upload, but my camera is downstairs and my babies are still sleeping. It's 4:40 am our time, so I would like to honor the need to rest while it is available to them.

Thanks Andi for the safe travels wishes.....

No comments: