Friday, April 10, 2009

The Golden Scale


I have this scale, located in the bathroom. It is a digital scale, originally purchased to follow the snail like growth of my Elly.


Now, I use it keep myself on track. It champions me and it hides nothing. I can instantly tell if that extra piece of pizza was detrimental or not. These past 2 weeks I have been so off the wagon, it's not even funny. I haven't exercised because the mole biopsy was taken from my lower left back (or as I tell people from the Back Fat). I was given no restrictions by my doctor, but it is in such a location the every move, waist up, pulls at the bandage. I haven't wanted to pull out the stitch or interfere with healing.


So I figure, if there is no exercise, why should I eat with a conscience? (Yeah, no logic there...but it reveals typical thinking on my part)


So just to make sure I am not so far off my path, I check in with my friendly scale every few days.


1st time: 1?1.8 lbs (numbers are hidden to maintain some semblance of personal pride). My reaction? Ok! I am not so far off!


2nd time 1?1.8 lbs My reaction? Wow same number as before-looks like my body is doing pretty good!


3rd time 1?1.8 lbs. My reaction? Look at Lil Ole Me! I am able to eat like a slob and my weight stays the same. Oh...the exact same...oh as the past few days..down to the decimal...Uhmmm yeah, something is not right.


So I change the battery. Yup, confirmed, fuzzy numbers.


After the battery was changed out, my weight was attempted again for a REAL check in.

1?2.4 lbs. My reaction? Ah ok, so still not so bad, but I have inched upwards again. Time to reel it all back in.


My biopsy site has been un-bandgaged and un steri-stripped for a few days. Looks like my hesitation was right as I did pull it back open reaching for something. It is currently re-bandaged and under a neosporin protective shield. Hopefully as the weather gets nicer again next week and we have no school and dance I can work some calories off and get back on the track to a svelte and total babe bod! (lol, well ok maybe not quite that, but at least 7 lbs down before summer clothes come out).

No comments: