Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Whew!

Ok, I can almost, finally see out of my clouds. I have been buried! After our Salsa Competition Sept 20, we have not stopped. Well...we never stop to be truthful. But this time it was all about finishing our entry (which, by the way we won! Grand Prize aka People's Choice, and best Mild flavor) and moving into the next big thing.

We kinda steamrolled into projections and research about starting a business around the salsa and marinades of my creatively amazing husband. I have been reading my Small Business for Dummies book, scouring Craigslist for kitchen rentals, delving deep into Grant lists for possible funding.

However, I also have been sewing, baking and shopping in preparation for a quilt show at my mom's. We are going to have 2 booths. One is a craft and baked goods booth for my mom and me. The other is our Teriyaki Chicken booth. My job for that is "back office". Making and printing signage, buying the goods...etc.

My other huge project is the Pajama Program Fundraiser that I am involved in. I am on the planning panel consisting of reps from 6 moms' groups here in our town. We have been working on our 2nd annual event. Last year we collected almost 200 pairs of pjs and close to 300 books, along with some monetary donations. Our goal is to match or beat those totals. Tomorrow is the event at a local inflatable playground.

After our 3 hours there, I grab my babies head to costco to pick up our goods for the show. Back home again for last minute baking and packing. Friday we are driving up early and Saturday is a long day-but hopefully fruitful. I would love to earn some decent money...we could use it big time.

Anyway, long story short. I have lots of things to write about and no time. I will be bloggable by Monday again. Be ready...it will be prolific I am sure.

1 comment:

drea :: dre of white stables said...

I don't know how you do it, lady. I think I would cry if I had all of that going on right now!
Have a good weekend and a safe trip. You'll have to let me know how your I spy bags sell...