Friday, February 6, 2009

Loss Prevention

Today my youngest child, of age 22 months, decided to practice her craft. We were doing some shopping. Our mission was looking for Valentine's Day shirts. While we were in GAP, I had let her out of the stroller. It is a nice way to teach her to stay close and have some freedom while behaving in public places. This is easier to do when it's just me and the little one, her sister being in school. SO, back to the topic at hand....As I was browsing possible outfits choices, Bri Bri had taken it upon herself to also do some shopping. My sweet one was stuffing packs of pajamas into the basket below the stroller. I had seen her doing this, and reminded myself to correct it before we left. I forgot. Could it be that her massive tantrum about being returned to her seatbelted stroller took dominance of my mind? I paid for my 2 shirts, walked all the way around the shopping complex to where we parked. As I looked into the basket for a wayward paci, I saw the loot.

Oh SHIZZLE! I had to walk all the way back (something to be said for the exercise at least). Back into GAP I strolled, already embarrased. As I was piling the packs onto the counter, the cashier walked over to me. I explained that my child had done some shopping without permission. She was very understanding about it, thanked me for my honesty and asked if I wanted any of it. NOPE, it was all 3-6 months boys pajamas. Seriously, not a thread of it useful. After completing my task, I walked yet again (4x's!) back toward the truck.

Silly girl....guess I will have to be watching out for my little sticky fingers...

No comments: