Thursday, September 18, 2008

13 Down, at least 3 more to go

I have lost 13 pounds in my quest for losing the post baby fat. I walk with my girls and my fellow mamas, and I watch what I eat. Plain and simple. I know I could have lost more, and quicker...but I don't live that way. I LIKE food. So I have come up with a way to balance that and my personal expectations for my weight. Slow and steady wins the race they say.

I figure I allow myself quite a few splurges-probably more so than I should. But I am seeing results. I also am doing MUCH better in how much I can handle in my exercise. My usual routine is to run the 1/2 mile to our meet point, then we walk 4 miles, and I run the last 1/2 mile home. The walking is almost too easy. I can feel myself WANT to run, in my off times. Starting to crave it. That is good. I love that my body feels more like a machine as I run, and less like a junk yard jalopy.

Next goal, 3 more lbs and then a re-evalutation. At that point I will also need new pants. I am getting by currently with shorts and capris that are borrowed (I really don't want to buy new shorts NOW, at the end of the season...). I am holding out for the weather to shift and hoping it coordinates with my next 3 lbs.

Just thought I would update....

(Next post is 100...READER AWARDS!)

3 comments:

Becky said...

Congratulations on the weight loss and feeling better about your body! This is an inspiring post for me. :)

drea :: dre of white stables said...

Congratulations! You're doing great! Reading this makes me crave running so much!Go for it, Mama!

Lia Freitas said...

Good job! I am proud of you!!