Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Sleep Glorious Sleep.....

We have a problem in this house....it is sleep-or lack thereof. Up until this past weekend, B was beginning to drive us insane at 11pm, 2am, 4am, 5am....etc. She is 11 months old! This is the pattern of a needy, hungry newborn. Now I probably could have put my foot down a long while ago, but there was still that concerned tug of my heart...notice my emphasis on past tense. We had been planning to use the sleep training method we used (successfully) with E. See, we had the same problem with her. At the time all I was hearing about was Cry It Out. 2 problems with that-1) It seemed cruel after being so responsive to her for 10 months and 2) It escalated to throw up. So I went on the search for a sleep training method that SPOKE to me. In the end I settled on a book Good Night, Sleep Tight By Kim West.

So as I mentioned, we were all set to begin implementing as of Monday (yesterday) since Fishman has vacation time this week. HOWEVER, Saturday around 1:30 am, B started in on her Banshee Wail....in our bed. Since weaning is in process and there seemed nothing that I could do to appease her, we decided to start the training. IT WAS BAD....SUNDAY WAS BETTER BUT STILL BAD. MONDAY, much better. There was a wake up at 11:30, and within 10 mins back asleep, mild fussing. She woke at 2, and again, super easy...about 20 mins. One more wake up at 5:45 and I fed her got her back to sleep in HER CRIB.

I think-I am almost scared to say it for fear of jinxing-but I think we are on the right track. I haven't slept since getting pregnant in July '07...

Wish me luck!

No comments: